Sunday, September 21, 2008

The sweet indulgences of a mother of girls

I love being the mother of girls because...

I can go to Target and buy the Jonas Brothers album (the one that is $2 more and has an extra DVD) and blame it on them. There is something about those boys that brings back everything adolescent and giddy in me. I'm not sure they're cute. But, I really like their music.


I can let them stay up late to watch Camp Rock. But, really, I just want to see it all the way through. It seems I missed out on a lot of Disney Channel while I was working nights. Yes, there are even SOME Hannah Montana episodes that are new to me...although, most have been seen close to 9,875, 367 times...but I can't get enough of Jackson.

I can buy little notepads and any body products that smell like fruit or sugar (i.e. Gigantic Bonne Belle Lip Smackers).

I can buy cute jeans in a small size an marvel at how well each daughter can fill them out...then look up convents and boarding schools on the Internet.

I can paint nails...a blessing and a curse. It was fun with one. But when there's a gaggle of 3 and the smallest insists on painting her own...OY! But, they DO look cute when they're cleaned up.

And tonight, I'm holding conversations with them while they talk (and sing) in their sleep.

Thank heavens for little girls!

1 comment:

erin said...

oh my favorite thing to do is hold conversations with people when they are asleep...pretty sure you use to do that to me.

I'm glad you had a lot of girls, so you would have to be girly!