Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble, Gobble...

Funny...I never made the connection...Gobble, Gobble is all we've done for the past few days. We have about 2 more days of turkey left. But, the stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and cranberries are gone. So, what's the point?



We had a wonderful (and delicious) Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa Griffen came into town for the week. What amazing guests they are!! Grandma even brought her own rubber gloves.
(She also left them behind. I DO hope they are enchanted and will continue the work she started) She worked pretty hard during her vacation. She was my "clean-up fairy". Doesn't everyone need one of those? She just scooted around behind me washing my pots and pans, re-organizing drawers, entertaining children, and even walking the dog (Now, that's LOVE!).

So, after all her clorox-toting love, I had no choice when they stong-armed me into letting them eat the apple pie on Thanksgiving Eve. It was mafia style. They scared me. I turned over the pie...or it was concrete around my ankles and into the river.... I let them have the pie. They look sweet, but when dessert is involved they turn into the Corleones.

We had a lot of fun bowling with Grandpa on the wii. The kids have taken a liking to Wii Music. I'm not so sure I love it. It's a lot of noise and not a lot of game.


We had a GREAT week! It's always nice to have guests. Especially during the holidays.

2 comments:

erin said...

yea for Turkey Day photos! Sounds like you were very lucky to have them there. And your pie looks awesome! I thought you said your pies were ugly?

traci said...

Your mother in law sounds like my mom. She is quite the clean up fairy. I don't know why I didn't inherit her cleaning genes. I cleaned so much growing up that I am on empty now. I am so glad you had your family in town. So fun.